Please note that the application can only be submitted by appointment at the Consulate. Please call the following telephone number for booking an appointment.
Phone number: +381 24 626 320
INFORMATION ON SCHENGEN VISA
Hungary joined the Schengen Area on 21 December 2007. From that time, visas and residence permits issued by one of the Schengen Member States are valid also for Hungary, and visas/residence permits issued by the Hungarian authorities are - as a general rule - also valid for the entire Schengen Area.
As of December 19th 2011, 26 states are part of the Schengen Area: 22 states of the 28 members of the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden) as well as Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Lichtenstein. (Among the member states of the European Union, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland and Romania do not issue Schengen visas.)
The Schengen regulations are only applicable for a stay not longer than 90 days. Rules for a stay longer than 90 days are defined by national law.
How to apply for a Schengen Visa
A Schengen Visa can be obtained as Single Entry, Double Entry or Multiple Entry visa, each describing the number of times you can enter the Schengen area. Schengen Visas are valid for maximum 90 days within a 180-day period.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR THE VISA APPLICATION
- Fully completed and signed application form https://konzinfo.mfa.gov.hu/en/visa-application-forms
- Passport valid until at least 3 months after the expiry date of the visa. The passport shall contain at least 2 empty pages and it must have been issued within 10 years.
- Residence permit issued by the Serbian authorities, valid until at least 2 months after the expiry date of the visa.
- Photo: 1 passport-size colour photo (not older than 6 months)
- Visa fee: 80 EUR
- Proof for means of travel: ticket for public transport (or reservation), car rental contract, car documents, driving license, car insurence.
- Proof of accommodation: prepaid reservation of accommodation, lease agreement, invitation letter.
- Financial coverage of expenses: each case it is necessary to certify the financial coverage of the expenses. We accept a certification issued by the current employer of the applicant declaring the start date of the employment status and the monthly salary. It can also be requested to certify that the applicant is registered in the Serbian Social Security Insurance System (PIO fond).
If the applicant is a company owner, it is requested to present the certificate of incorporation of the company, certificate of the company’s bank account, tax certificate, etc.
- The applicant has to submit proof of accommodation in Serbia and a bank account statement on the account turnover during the last three months.
- Travel medical insurance: The insurance shall be valid for the territory of the Schengen Member States and cover the entire period of the person's intended stay. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30 000.
- In case of minors/ spouses: the birth or/and wedding certificate, school attendance. Statement of financial support of minors/spouse.
- Certificate of the purpose of the visit
- Tourism: certificate of the travel agency or proof of the prepaid reservation of accommodation
- Transit: visa issued by the country of destination or other valid document entitling for entry in the country of destination
- Educational or other scientific or professional training: the certificate of the receiving institution; the certificate of the envisaged place of accommodation in Hungary
- Visiting a friend or an acquaintance: a letter of invitation legalized by a notary and a photocopy of the personal identification document/passport of the inviting party in Hungary.
- Visiting a family member: same as the above section or proof of family relationship and a letter signed by the applicant in full awareness of his/her criminal liability describing the degree of the family relation, giving the name, address and phone number of the family member.
- Business: a letter of invitation from the business partner, proof of the existence of commercial-business relations; or the certificate of the local chamber of commerce on the existence of business relations, and the certificate of the address of the envisaged place of accommodation in Hungary. In the case of carriers: certificate or request of the transport company.
- Medical treatment: certificate of the receiving health institution, including reference to the fact that the expected costs of the medical treatment are covered; certificate of the accommodation in Hungary.
- Visiting the grave of a deceased relative: a document certifying the existence of the grave and the degree of relationship
- Cultural activities: agency contract with the Hungarian service provider, invitation letter issued by the host organization
- Sport: accreditation proving the participation at the sports event or contract with the Hungarian sports club, or the certificate issued by the delegating sports club / Olympic committee / Ministry, etc.
- Attending a conference: : invitation letter issued by the host organization or confirmation on participation, and/or a certificate issued by the delegating organization; proof of payment of the registration fee
The above listed original documents shall be presented at the Consulate and their photocopies shall be attached to the application.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS CAN BE REQUIRED BY THE CONSUL.
WHERE CAN YOU APPLY FOR VISA
The application can be submitted at the consulate operating in the country where you legally reside (you are in the procession of a residence permit).
- Any applicant can be invited to attend a personal interview.
- Communicating incorrect or false data will result in refusal of the application.
- The issuance of the visa does not automatically mean the right to enter the Schengen Area, it can be overruled by the border police.
In case the visa is refused, annulled or revoked, the applicant has the right to appeal. Appeals on refusal can be submitted at the competent Hungarian Consulate within 8 days after receiving the decision. The Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade decides on the appeals within 15 days. Appeals on annulment or revocation of a visa can be submitted within 3 days after receiving the decision. The Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade decides on the appeals within 5 days.
The fee of the appeal procedure is 160 EUR. The fee for the appeal procedure cannot be reimbursed, not even in the case of a positive decision. The appeal judgment may be subject to judicial review. In case of refusal, a new application may be submitted at any time but the visa fee has to be paid again.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION